Request for a tutorial about tweening

(Michael Houser) #1

I would love some in-depth tweening lessons in Flashpunk. It’s something I HAVE implemented in games, but as with a few other things, I’ve never been certain I’m doing it quite ‘right.’

Basic of Tween Classes
(Jacob Albano) #2

I suggest Zach Lewis’ tutorial on the subject. It’s where I first learned about tweening and it has some good theory as well as code examples.

(Michael Houser) #3

Thank you very much! Somehow that tutorial eluded me!

(Zachary Lewis) #4

Bear in mind that this video was made with an older version of FlashPunk, and you might have to change some of the code. I need to get around to updating all of these… sometime.

(Michael Houser) #5

As far as the use of VarTween is concerned, your tutorial is still valid, and also proved that I was making things way too complicated for myself. I also remembered that I HAVE watched your tutorial back when I was just getting into things, but it wasn’t until now that I truly grokked it. I apparently have some sort of ‘tween impediment’, ha ha. I had a whole mess going on involving LinearMotion that I have now fixed – I always knew I was doing something wrong, as I had to pull some hacky maneuvers to deal with an ‘Achilles and the Tortoise’ scenario of an object in motion never reaching its function call. My main problem with tweens is that there are few tutorials (that I’ve found) that don’t just say ‘Use TweenMax.’ Which is great and all, but c’mon. Even an old actionscript game design book I dug-up basically had that advice for its singular lesson on tweening. SO – thank you Zach!