Merge HaxePunk with FlashPunk?

(Jacob Albano) #61

I would caution you against changing the API too much if you hope for this project to become part of Flashpunk proper. Including a z property in addition to the layer property is just being redundant; it would be far better to abstract render depth away and set z based on the layer.

Besides, there’s no good reason for the depth/z value to be a Number in orthographic rendering. All you need to know is if object A should be below object B, and integers work well enough for that.

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #62

Hmm… OK so no z XD (as i said, layer is already implemented).

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #63

BTW, I had to create a render3D function in the Graphic becouse how different it is. It also alows you to have a BitmapData and continue using the render function to render there. Is it OK?

Flashpunk 2 BETA
(Darrin) #64

Copying:

Thanks for working on the Stage3d version. This is just an “attaboy”. 3d is a bit over my head at this point. But I was wondering can you reuse any of the stuff from StarlingPunk? https://github.com/asaia/StarlingPunk

He did a ton of work but there are some basic differences. The sprite sheet was one of the major pains. I’m pretty sure for mobile having the assets on one sheet is better for performance but that means you need to buy software to make the sheets and corresponding xml file.

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #65

I’ll only add the stage3D initialization and render functions. Everything else will be exactly the same as our loved FP.

(mikale) #67

That would be so awesome if you could do that, Copying. FP would finally be up to date with things.

I’m currently using HaxePunk and it’s nice but there’s a few things that don’t work the way they should. (Screen smoothing currently doesn’t work properly in HXP, and I don’t know when they will get around to updating it.)

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #68

We’re talking about Stage3d and FP in the wrong topic. Created a new one for anything to say about it.

New thread here.