Hypothermia: Now on itch.io!

(Jacob Albano) #1

A while back I made a little game called Hypothermia for Experimental Gameplay’s “Temperature” challenge, a game jam of sorts that ran for a week during November/December 2013. It got reviewed by Indie Impressions and Indie Statik, and some guy from China did a Let’s Play of it.

Based solely on download count, it’s my most successful game thus far, but I never managed to find a hosting site for it that was a good fit, so despite it being a flash game anyone who wanted to play it had to download an archive containing the SWF and a web page. Thanks to itch.io, I now have a place to upload it without having to worry about it being blammed by people who don’t understand game jams. :wink:

Play it here!

Point-and-click architecture
(Ultima2876) #2

This is pretty cool. Any interest in bringing it to mobile? :wink:

(billy2000) #3

I liked the fact that u programmed his heartbeats.Nice :smile:

(Abel Toy) #4

Nice little game! got really nervous, but managed to do it the second time! :slight_smile: - it’s very intense and makes you really feel the desperation to make a fire…

(Jacob Albano) #5

Potentially. I had a bunch of ideas for it that didn’t make it in under the time limit, so I might remake it sometime. Mobile is definitely a target I’d like to hit at that point.

(Ultima2876) #6

Keep me updated on that if you fancy publishing it with us :wink: That said, you’re more into your C# stuff these days right?

(Jacob Albano) #7

Yep, but I haven’t actually used it for anything beyond Windows desktop yet. My toolset uses SFML which doesn’t have mobile support just yet. I’ll keep you posted!