Tweens dropping fps to 4

(christopf) #1

hi, i have a problem with my first world. i have a boolean to trigger my intro at begin that contains different images that i all want to fade from one to another. after the last tween the player appears and you can step your way on the first map. i use this with a VarTween everytime (its about 20 of them) and it slows my fps from 60 to 4.

earlier the intro was a single world and it worked super except that little blink between world changes. so i moved them together and suddenly the fps drop.

i was wondering if the tweens although their type is set to oneshot arent removed entirely. so i tried different ways to remove them separatly - without sucess.

what do you think the fps drop could mean and is there maybe another simple solution as a vartween?

(christopf) #2

A friend sit to the game and suddenly the fps went high again after a few seconds. :confused: Problem solved :X

(Mike Evmm) #3

Maybe this was the case?

(christopf) #4

I just ran it in firefox but the heavy drop just after the last tween is still there. I think its “ok” that there is a short delay since its just my post-compo of ld. but i’m still wondering why it is and i would like to know how to fix it.

i have certain feeling that its about all the tweens that maybe somehow doesnt get removed entirely. but i’m not sure how tweens are working in detail although i just spend a half hour in that tween class to get its heartbeat. so i was just about to post another post regarding the understanding of tweens but i have a feeling im already posting too much questions in here :x

(im a forum native so its natural for me to ask and give answers instead of reading a lot of books (although i bought some to read about programming in advance) and the irc is pretty dusty :'D )

(arr so much complaining, i’m sorry :x)

if i remove a tween (what the oneshot type is according to its code already doing) is it really removed? and i if i create with the same var i just used for the that tween the same tween again why isnt it working as the first?