Time Rewind helper class

(Willard Torres) #1

Hey guys, just dropping by to show you a little library I’ve been working on. It’s called Rewind-FP.

It provides the FrameManager and Frame classes, along with the Rewindable interface to give that rewind feature popularized in the game Braid.

It’s very bare bones right now, and it could use some work (particularly, some optimization), but for now I’d like to show it to you for critique and suggestions.

GitHub repo
Demo

(Elias) #2

Well thats very interesting. I kinda worked on something myself, but in the end scraped it because didnt really needed something like this in my game. Anyway, very good job!

(Willard Torres) #3

Thanks! I’m actually not using this for anything :laughing: I just remembered on how Braid has it, and I’ve been throwing around a couple of ideas on how to implement this on FlashPunk (I actually implemented this in HaxePunk first).

If I may ask, how did your implementation go? I’m not really sure if there’s a more efficient and robust way of doing it.

(Elias) #4

I dont really got much code and my basic idea was to rewind only the last 5 seconds of my gameplay to get rid of checkpoints and lives. Basicaly, die and rewind. I went to store the last 5 seconds of my players position into an array and kept it updated until i rewinded the whole thing. :stuck_out_tongue: I made a bullet time system like in Max Payne in some games of mine and it went very well.

(Thawfeek_Yahya) #5

Github is 404 … where i can find the source code ?

(Jean) #6

Well I have searched his repositories and there’s only this: https://github.com/Anheurystics/Rewind

Maybe you can convert it by reading the haxe code?

(Willard Torres) #7

Haha, sorry, had to take it down. The three files are these:
rewindfp.zip (1.7 KB)

(Zachary Lewis) #8

Why’d you have to take it down?