Thread and Post "Reply" Buttons

(Alex Larioza) #1

I noticed awhile ago that not only do threads have a general “Reply” button, but also individual buttons for each of the posts. However, I don’t think its working quite right. Sometimes it will correctly reference the post that I clicked “Reply” on while other times it will post like I clicked the general thread “Reply” button. Not sure if this is a bug or if I’m simply missing something…

(Zachary Lewis) #2

The reply button on the post will reply to that post. If a user replies to the last post on the topic, it’s just added as an inline reply.

(Zachary Lewis) #3

But, if the replied-to post is not the last post in the topic, Discourse will make note of it.

(Alex Larioza) #4

Ah, that makes sense now.

(Ultima2876) #5

While we’re on the topic, is there a way to mark multiple posts to reply to? So far I’ve been doing the good ol’ @zachwlewis tagging thing, but on regular forums I’m used to quoting people individually and responding to each in turn (in the same post).

(Alex Larioza) #6

You can highlight a text in a post while you are replying and a box should pop up that says “Quote Reply”. It should insert it as quoted text into your post.

(Ultima2876) #7

Awesome, that works great! :slight_smile: Thanks!