The FlashPunk Homepage Gets A Makeover

(Zachary Lewis) #1

Hey everyone! I just updated the landing page for FlashPunk at http://useflashpunk.net and I wanted to let everyone know that it’s looking pretty sweet.

If you see any issues with it, please submit an issue over on GitHub. :sunglasses:

(Willard Torres) #2

To be honest, I thought at first that the page wasn’t loading properly, with the smaller button and what not, haha. It looks great, and its cool that you can see snippets at first glance.

(Ultima2876) #3

My suggestion would be to maybe center the following block:

Create games. Easy. FlashPunk is a free ActionScript 3 library designed for developing 2D Flash games. It provides you with a fast, clean framework to prototype and develop your games in. This means that most of the dirty work is already done, letting you concentrate on the design and testing of your game. Get FlashPunk! (1.7.2)

Apart from that, it’s swish. Fits with the theme of the forum a lot more, though I do miss the contrast offered by the darker sections in the old layout.

(Xavier Johnson) #4

It figures that the day I decide to use FP is the day the site gets an upgrade. It’s a sign! :smiley:

Zack, the new layout indeed looks very spiffy and clean. My only complaint is that there’s now less colour to offset the black-on-white scheme, which makes it a bit harder on the eyes than before.

(Zachary Lewis) #5

I’d like to add some screenshots of games. If any of you have screenshots you’d like on the homepage, feel free to share them. Anything really pretty would be ideal, even if it’s just concept art. I’d like to catch the eye.

(Alex Larioza) #6

You can download the game zip’s for Infested Space and Caved In 2, which have some screenshots. :smile:

(reopucino) #7

I also have some demo and screenshot for game with flashpunk :smile:

now I also create some game with flashpunk

(ericmbernier) #8

My last game, “Comic Book Cody” was made in FlashPunk! Here’s a pic if you decide to use it, if not, no worries:

I don’t post here often, as I’m really digging C# these days, but I still check the forums to see what’s happening in the FP community.

Cheers!

(Ultima2876) #9

I have a couple of games :smile:

FlashPlok

Bird Blast 1

Bird Blast 2

Kongregate game links if you want to get different screenshots:

FlashPlok

Mr Fat Snake

Bird Blast

(Nicole Brauer) #10

Here are some screenshots from my games. I would be very happy to see them on the homepage:

They are all ingame, but only the first two games have already been published.

(Zachary Lewis) #11

Awesome work, guys! You guys are quick as hell.

Let’s get some more feedback now that I’ve added some images. I also need an image of someone using the debugger in FlashPunk.

(lordmagnet) #12

Zach, it really looks great.

(Abel Toy) #13

(Ultima2876) #14

Where possible, I’d probably say to learn towards using pixel-styled games as a showcase. I think they show off the library better - these pixelled games look sexy as hell compared to my high res ones…

(Ultima2876) #15

What are the names of the first two games? I haven’t played them.

(rostok) #16

here are 3 shots from my game 'The Bear, the Cat and the Rabbit":

it will be out really soon

(Zachary Lewis) #17

Drag and drop, baby!

(Abel Toy) #18

So, will those images always be those? Any chance of them randomly switching using nice transitions?

Also, maybe we could have a Games section with featured games or something?

(Jacob Albano) #19

Here’s one from TITAN SOULS, the winner of the most recent Ludum Dare. I got permission from the developer to submit it on here.