Super Custom Warrior - Preview

(Bora Kasap) #1

Coming Soon, Complete made by FlashPunk.

http://vimeo.com/80782512

https://vimeo.com/80447797

(azrafe7) #2

Hey, first of all I want to say that it seems you’ve done some big steps since you started using FP.

And here’s some feedback (hoping that’s fine for you) from what I can see so far:

• from the video it’s not really clear what the various customizations do
  • the enemy patterns shown seem trivially easy (staying in the middle of the screen lets you avoid them), although visually pleasant
  • don’t like the +2 flying (it’s a personal thing - like the others - but I think a golden or “some kind of” glowing object would be better)
  • the customization needs some better graphics instead of plain text (buttons/different font)
  • I like the player-ship thrusters effect and the flowing background (add a distant starfield/spacebackground to make it even better)

Oh, and it would also be nice to playtest it. :smirk:

(Bora Kasap) #3

Firstly, thanks for feedback :slight_smile: You’re right about video, but the trailer video’ll be so clear about customizations and whats the point of game mechanics. And yes, about enemy patterns, the early stages like a training for controls and catching customizations. Then the puzzle-type game’ll start step by step. about flying +2’s, they are xp points so i want the player to know how many xp points earned by destroying enemies and “feel the earning” i couldn’t find another way to show how many xp earned by destroying, if you have an idea, write here please. i’m not sure about “better graphics” because you can take it easy, the game have an old-fashion concept, so i can’t use another font without pixel-fonts. i’ve tried to add a spacebackground or starfield in the beginning, but i couldn’t make it, when i tried, it wasn’t look good, maybe thats my graphical failure :confused:

(Sparrow) #4

Hey Alobarnon, this seems like a highly addictive game, great job.

Also a little bit readabilty issue with the stripes in the background, the green stripes make enemy healthbars become less noticeable.

I agree with Azrafe about the customization graphics.