Stutter: A reiterative development tool

(Zachary Lewis) #1

I’ve always been intrigued with task management and productivity techniques, so in 2012 during Fuck This Jam I put together a Windows-only tool that combined them both. Geared toward solo developers and ideal for time-boxed game jams, Stutter helped keep people focused on the current task and prevented “getting stuck” by switching between tasks.

Instead of getting stuck on designing a puzzle, Stutter might switch the user to working on art, allowing the subconscious to work on puzzles until the task for designing puzzles returns, resulting in the incredible Eureka! moments developers strive for.

Flash forward to now. The FlashPunk community has returned, stronger than ever, and I’ve finally been able to sit back and watch you beautiful bastards help each other and grow together. The site is up, is stable and has become familiar. I don’t have to play Dad and tell y’all to quit putting things in your mouths or how to categorize posts. I have free time.

With Ludum Dare starting in less than 24 hours, it seems like the perfect time to release the fruits of my labor. I’d like to introduce Stutter, the productivity tool that works where you do, written for you, created by one of you. It’ll work on your smartphone and your computer, regardless of platform.

It’s still very beta, but it works. I’d love for you to give it a try the next time you’ve a lot of shit to do and not a lot of time to do it, and I hope it helps (especially you LD48ers, God bless you).

http://stutterapp.com

Protip: If you find a bug, you can report it from the settings dropdown. :wink:

(Scott Thiessen) #2

Dope! Nice work on this.