Sorting topics? can that be done

(flashBear) #1

I cant figure out what makes the threads order as it is now I miss a possibillity to sort the topics inside a category. I dayly used to browse through those topics that had new input, but now, in this new forum, i cant find a way to sort the topics -are there a way to do that, or is it something that could be created?

(reopucino) #2

I think sort of topics in new forum move to category, you can check the list categories

(flashBear) #3

Thanks, but the categories is not sortable either. They are apearently listed randomly? Right now 'flashpunk’from top :
7 4 6 5 7 5 4 1 2 6 dg as latest activity That makes it impossible to monitor topic-activity

(Zachary Lewis) #4

If you click “Latest” on the frontpage, it will give you a listing of the latest topics. Also, it’s important to note that pinned topics can be unpinned by the user after being read, so all the pinned FlashPunk topics will no longer be at the top of the category list.

(Draknek) #5

I think the categories page shows posts ordered by last post, but the age column is actually the age of the topic not the age of the last post. Could be wrong.

(Zachary Lewis) #6

If you look at the activity column, you’ll see two columns.

The first is the age of the topic and the second is the age of the latest post.

(Draknek) #7

We’re talking about the list shown on the categories page (or at least I was).

It only shows one column, which is how long ago the topic was created.

I was incorrect, though, it’s not ordered by last post date. No clue what it actually is ordered by… :confused:

(Alex Larioza) #8

Hrm…it would indeed be nice to know how posts are sorted on the categories page. And if they aren’t being sorted in some logical manner, having them sorted by most recent activity would be nice.

(flashBear) #9

Today it looks fine in ‘Category’ :slight_smile: Have you made some changes? Now the last collumn in Activity has a logical order, : Pinned on top and then newest to oldest decending, and thats i so much better. Thank you for fixing this.

(Draknek) #10

Still broken for me :frowning:

(flashBear) #11

Draknek, isent it the stickies that confuses you? -See this:

The yellow is a stickie, the red are the threads, and they are sorted newest to oldest, so i think it works?

(Draknek) #12

Ah okay, we’re talking about different pages here. I was talking about the homepage, which shows six topics from each category. These are not ordered.

(flashBear) #13

you are right! posts on http://developers.useflashpunk.net/ in each category has an ‘Age’ property, that should definately also be chronological. I will post a new topic regarding this.