[SOLVED]Frame syncronization beetween Entities

(Gabriele Marchi) #1

Hi guys, i’ve got a problem i can’t solve… my problem is: i’ve got some enties of the same kind with the same animation, when i initialize them i set a random frame of the animation. if i debug at the start it’s ok, all different entities start from a random frame of the animation but after a while (some millisecond) they syncronize themselves and i can’t undertand why!

this is my semplified code ( in the reality there are 3 kind of blades with 3 different sprites but the same error result in this semplified exemple too)

import flash.geom.Point; import net.flashpunk.Entity; import net.flashpunk.Graphic; import net.flashpunk.graphics.*; import net.flashpunk.FP;

public class Blade extends Entity
{

[Embed(source = "../../assets/Enemys/lama3.png")]private const BLADE3_IMG:Class;

public var SPRITE_WIDTH:Number ;
	public const SPRITE_HEIGHT:Number = 32;

public var ANIMATION_SPEED:Number = 8;

public var BladeSpritemap:Spritemap; 
	public var currentAnimation:String = "anim";

private var currFrame = 0;

public function Blade(position:Point,bladeType:Number,angle:Number) 
	{
		super();

SPRITE_WIDTH = 96;
			BladeSpritemap = new Spritemap(BLADE3_IMG, SPRITE_WIDTH, SPRITE_HEIGHT);

BladeSpritemap.centerOrigin();			
		BladeSpritemap.add("anim", [0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11], ANIMATION_SPEED, true);	

type = "enemy";

layer =  49;

BladeSpritemap.angle = angle;

if (angle == 0)
		{
		x = position.x + SPRITE_WIDTH/2 + 32;
		y = position.y - 16;
		}

else if (angle == 180)
		{
		x = position.x - SPRITE_WIDTH/2;
		y = position.y - 16;
		}

setHitbox(0, 0, 0, 0);

//BladeSpritemap.setAnimFrame("anim", FP.rand(15));

BladeSpritemap.play(currentAnimation,false,FP.rand(15));
		addGraphic( BladeSpritemap);

}

i tryed ovverriding the update too, remove super() and remove the super from the update… i can0t understand why but in my game all these blade are syncronized…

can anybody help me? Thank’s

PS: sorry for my bad english^^

(JP Mortiboys) #2

Looking through the source code, it seems that passing the frame parameter to play doesn’t do exactly what you might expect - the index is still 0. I would suggest trying this:

addGraphic(BladeSpritemap);
  BladeSpritemap.play(currentAnimation,false);
  BladeSpritemap.index = FP.rand(15);

See where that gets you.

(Gabriele Marchi) #3

thank you very much! It solved the problem! Apparently if i only change the frame without the index the animation play the selected frame and then return to the first! thank you! ^^