Shared object issue!

(Nate ) #1

Hey guys! So I have a project that I finished in FD that saves a high score. I had to migrate the project to FlashBuilder because I was having issues adding some extra .ANE’s via FD. Anyway I got the adobe native extensions hooked up properly in FlashBuilder, the only issue I have now is for some reason my games save/load stopped working in the FlashBuilder version of my game. I use a very simple shared object to store the high score that is it. The strange part is, on the computer debug in FlashBuilder the load/save works fine, but when I export a release build it no longer saves.

I am thinking this must be some kind of file path issue on my Android phone? But what doesn’t make sense is it worked 100% fine in FD (on pc and device) and it works on my PC in FB just not on my phone… Any thoughts?

If you guys need it I can post the high score load/save code!

Thanks in advance!

(azrafe7) #2

This might be relevant: [SOLVED] My flashgame on FGL loses its savedata. Need help creating robust saving system

And maybe this could help for you ANE problem with FD: http://vimeo.com/32551703

(Nate ) #3

Okay well thank you for the links! I figured out the SharedObject issue… so after careful examination and rewriting my save code many times thinking it had to do with my save code… I realized the ONLY difference between my old game and my new game was the AIR SDK, my old one was 3.7 and the new project was 14.0… I am not 100% sure, but it seems as though the back button function that I wrote in my old program with 3.7 AIR is what was running the saveGame() function just fine, and upon forcing the saveGame() function elsewhere in my latest game (with 14.0 AIR) the saveGame() ran just fine. So I believe the issue was for some reason AIR 14.0 does not handle the back button the same way that AIR 3.7 did… That is my conclusion.

As far as the ANE help, I am attempting to use this ANE:

https://github.com/Code-Alchemy/AdMobAne

I have it all hooked up but the ads still don’t show up. The main reason I am going with this ANE is because I read that on August 1st Google is rolling something out that will make all other Admob ANE’s not work EXCEPT this ANE… Can you confirm this? If that is not the case I will gladly try the ANE in the link that you provided, as that is the first ANE I tried with the project on my older version.

Thanks for the reply!