Hello I made a simple prototype of a platformer game. You can find it here:
Comments & suggestions are greatly appreciated.
D or RIGHT key - Go right
A or LEFT key - Go left
W or UP key - Jump
SPACE - Shoot your weird gun or whatever that is
I don't know if this is still a prototype but anyways, new changes. Link has been updated.
1) Changed some art/graphics.
2) Changed how the player projectile works.
3) Now contains 2 levels. But there is no end yet so you'll just loop between the 2 levels.
4) New item added. The jump boost.
What it does:
* On contact, it will disappear and the player will get a small upward push if going downwards.
* In addition, the player can jump again but only until before landing on a solid ground.
* The boost will be visible and reusable again after 5 seconds.
4) You can now pause using the "Enter/Return" key.
5) Removed some randomness on spawning enemies. The enemies will always head left on spawn.
6) Changed the jumping enemy AI. It will now not follow the player. It will always head left and only change direction when bumping a solid tile.
7) The jumping enemy now jumps less frequently.
8) Added a background image.
Note: Until now, coins has no actual use or side-effect except for level completion.