Problems with Flashpunk and Uploading to FGL

(Alex K) #1

Hello. I am seeing a weird bug when I upload a game to FGL (i.e. flashgamedistribution.com)

First, I should say that I uploaded my first game (Red Thief) without any problems. It was a 640 by 480 Flash game made with Flashpunk in Flash Develop. Recently, I have tried to upload 2 more games (they are all about 20MB but these last 2 are 800 by 600). All 3 games use the same wrapper and low level code.

For my 2 most recent games, the problem I get is that no visual is shown and it says “Flash Preview (0 by 0)” instead of the game graphics. However, sound is being played. The game runs just fine on every single other web site I have uploaded it to (Kong, Newgrounds,…). The problem only happens with FGL.

Here is what I have tried with similar results:

1. adding/removing the FGL ads code (Manual Ad API) … makes no difference. I am using the same code I did before with Red Thief. I re-uploaded that game it and it works but my newer games don’t. I even re-compiled and re-built Red Thief. Uploaded it and it works. However, the 2 new ones don’t

2. removing the Preloader… makes no difference.

3. Uploading the newer games as 640 by 480 … makes no difference.

Has anyone else experienced this weird problem? Again, it only happens with this site… no problems on any other sites. I assume that there is some Flashpunk code in my game that conflicts with this particular site… but no way to know what it could be. This could be their problem and not Flashpunk… I am just curious to see if anyone else had this issue.

Thank you,

Alex

(Alex K) #2

I figured out the problem. It happens if I embed too much graphics. Seems like they have a limit of 20 MB or so. After removing a couple of big backgrounds, it worked out.