As most of you know, i was making the stage3D support for the FlashPunk (wanted to make the 1.8 version). The problem is that i need to modify entirelly the way the render works. The code i was making was a big mess and was too hard to keep the backworsds compativility (there are a tone of static functions refering to the way of rendering wich wouldn’t work in stage3D). At this point i though it was way better to make a FP 2 version, hardly inspired from FP 1.7 but made from scratch.
Right now the features i want to include are the following ones:
- Stage3D support.
- General deep clean-up.
- Multiple Screens (every screen can have its own render mode).
- Multiple worlds (a screen renders an specific world).
- Remove most of the static variables and some functions.
- The static getters/setters are shortcuts, not getting/modifying values directly.
- Draw functions using stage3D (draw a square, circle, etc. using the GPU )
- Polygonal masks.
- Animated masks.
- Improve the documentation.
- Unflirking and unsynchronized resize (allow direct call from the event handler).
- GUI (or at least simplify how to make it)
Also (but i’m not 100% sure about it), i’ll try to improve the recycle system as well as the particle system.
I just started this colosus project and it’s easy to modify. So please, give me your opinions about it.