IOS with FlashPunk

(Kevin Graham) #1

This is a tutorial from the old flashpunk forums, all credit goes to user Time from that site. I by no means take credit.

Flashpunk on iOS

Hello everyone, I just wrote a blog post that explains how to use FlashDevelop to make an app that will run on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad.

The tutorial is an in-depth, step-by-step process for how to do this on a windows computer, and it has ample links to the sources where I found out how to do the process myself, if the tutorial doesn’t work out as well as you might like. The process is 11 steps long, and covers Adobe AIR 2.6, Apple Developer, necessary file downloads with .bat usage to package and register keys, as well as describing all of the files needed to make a finished product.

My basic goal was to make it easy for those of you who have absolutely no clue where to begin to simply have a place to run to that will take out all of the complications I had when I first tried doing it myself. I had about 15 different tabs open at a time when I was blundering through the process myself, each with a different little tidbit of information on how to get this to work, and I wrote the blogpost as a way of conglomerating the information specifically for Windows and FlashDevelop users who want to program for iOS.

Without further ado, here you are!