Hello World! Tutorial Project Help

(Ryan D) #1

I was trying to get into Flashpunk, so I thought I’d start with the tutorial. I installed the Flex SDK and the Debug Flashplayer but it still did not work. This is the error message:

Running process: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe “D:\Ryan Cloud Docs\Documents\FlashDev\Hello World!.as3proj” -ipc 2abc60a8-169e-4cc9-96ee-352d2d9ff6b0 -version “4.6.0; 3.1” -compiler “D:\Ryan Cloud Docs\Documents\Flex” -library “C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Library” Building Hello World! mxmlc -load-config+=obj\HelloWorld!Config.xml -debug=true -incremental=true -swf-version=10 -o obj\HelloWorld!635447542801001391 Starting java as: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_65\bin\java.exe -Xmx384m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Duser.language=en -Duser.region=US -Dapplication.home=“D:\Ryan Cloud Docs\Documents\Flex” -Dflexlib=“D:\Ryan Cloud Docs\Documents\Flex\frameworks” -jar “D:\Ryan Cloud Docs\Documents\Flex\lib\fcsh.jar” Unable to start java.exe: The system cannot find the file specified Could not compile because the fcsh process could not be started. Build halted with errors (fcsh). INITIALIZING: Failed, unable to run compiler Done(1)

Sorry if it’s hard to read. I couldn’t figure out how to paste it right.

(David Williams) #2

Here you go:

And for pasting in code/large error texts, you can use 3-ticks (left of number 1, above tab on QWERTY).

```
Here's an example. Enclosed in three of these ` without any space between them.
```

(Ryan D) #3

Which Java should I download?

(David Williams) #4

The appropriate version for your operating system.
However, Ultima stated:

So even if you’re on a 64 bit OS, download the 32 bit version of Java. http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

(Ultima2876) #5

These days I don’t think this matters as much - I believe they fixed that issue after I posted that (in FlashDevelop), so now you can use whichever version you prefer :slight_smile:

(Ryan D) #6

I downloaded Java, but I still get the same error message.

(Jacob Albano) #7

And installed Java, I hope?

(Ryan D) #8

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that.

(Ultima2876) #9

Seems like it can’t find it - “Unable to start java.exe: The system cannot find the file specified”. Check that there is in fact a java.exe at “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_65\bin\java.exe”; if not, you may need to modify your environment PATH variable. Check that location and let us know if you find a java.exe!

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #10

Are you using FlashDevelop?