Game Jam to Get the Community Back?

(Alex Larioza) #1

What does everyone think about having a game jam to bring in some more of the community? Nothing to serious, just something casual to get discussions flowing and some cool games under the “creations” category.

(Zachary Lewis) #2

This sounds like a fun idea! It would be cute to have a “Welcome Back!” theme. :cat:

(Chris Logsdon) #3

I would certainly be interested in this. It would be cool if it could happen before the end of the month, to coincide with One Game a Month.

(Alex Larioza) #4

@zachwlewis Precisely what I was thinking…some sort of “welcome back” or “home coming” theme. :smiley:

@chjolo Cool. I was thinking next weekend, which would probably be ideal for 1GAM since its deadline is the 4th.

(Jacob Albano) #5

What about bringing back PunkWeek?

(Zachary Lewis) #6

@chjolo If you need to make a game and this gives you an idea, don’t wait and just make it! We’ll still share it with the community.

@jacobalbano That was run by some other users, but I’d be willing to drop an install of BMO on the server and set up something serious if there’s enough interest; however, that will probably have to wait until after the site is back on its feet.

(Chris Logsdon) #7

Well, I have plenty of games I am working on. It’s just that an organized game jam is always a fun little thing. :smiley: I have some Flashpunk games done already that I will post soon.

(Alex Larioza) #8

Exactly what I was thinking, just to celebrate the “relaunch” of the FP community.

(JamminGames) #9

I’d be so down to do this game jam. it’d be a great boost to new users to see how quickly FP can pump out a prototype :smiley:

(reopucino) #10

wow… it’s will be nice… I will join :smiley:

(Jayden Beveridge) #11

Sounds like fun. If someone needs like an animated info-graphic to announce it for a wide-audience to see I would be glad to help. As well as running a weekly ‘jam’/‘PunkWeek’ themed competition, which sounds like alot of fun to organize and manage :smiley:

(reverso13) #12

it sounds nice, i will participate too

(Chris Logsdon) #13

So are we doing this? I mean I could go and do it myself anyways, but it’s more fun knowing there are others taking part. :stuck_out_tongue:

It seems like this coming weekend would work well. I assume Friday to Sunday? What about specific times, or shall we just do “whenever” on Friday to “whenever” on Sunday?

(Alex Larioza) #14

Deadlines are good for projects. :smile:

How does Friday 6PM PST to Sunday 6PM PST sound? As @zachwlewis said, it will need to be a “welcome home” theme (unless someone can think of a better way to spin that same idea into a theme). Then the only other requirement is that you, of course, use FlashPunk.

(reopucino) #15

yeah… good… this is my first game jam :smile: I will do my best…

but for deadline projects, maybe I can do at friday 8PM UCT+7 and End time Sunday 8PM UCT+7 :smiley:

(Chris Logsdon) #16

@SHiLLySiT Those times sound good to me. I like the “Welcome Home” theme. It’s unique and sounds happy :stuck_out_tongue:

(Michael Houser) #17

I have never joined a game jam – but I will try to overcome my fear and get something going this weekend!

(Alex Larioza) #18

Well, I’m going to make another thread describing the jam and the rules. Then everyone can pass the link around on Twitter and what not.

"Welcome Home" Game Jam!
(KintoGames) #19

Yay! flash punk community I missed you so much!!

(Abel Toy) #20

@zachwlewis I ran the original PunkWeek. I could help run the new one if there’s enough users who want it back!