Flashpunk Discussion

(Granit Bajraktari) #1

So i just wanted to ask if flashpunk is still being worked on.

If so are they going to stop at a planned time.

Also is Zachary german? I saw a comment on youtube where he wrote german (well… only the “the”);

(Jacob Albano) #2

Flashpunk is stable and has no major changes in progress, at least not on an official level (if there is such a thing). We have some community initiatives to swap out the rendering backend, and new features are added from time to time, but for the most part it’s in a maintenance phase.

I’ll let @zachwlewis answer your last question to avoid looking like a creeper. :no_mouth:

(Zachary Lewis) #3

Nein, ich bin kein Deutsch, ich bin Amerikaner.

(Granit Bajraktari) #4

OK zach!!!

But what i meant with “is it still being worked on” was if they are planning on making another version of it, a … newer and better (not that it’s bad);

PS. Thanks for replying on such a dumb question zach.

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #5

Well right now i’m working into an unnoficial FP 2 (Alpha/Beta). I’ve just started and it will take some months to release the first version of it (i’m basically rewritting almost the entire code). I don’t know if it will become official or not, but so far it have been fun.

(Zachary Lewis) #6

FlashPunk is always being updated and maintained. Anyone can submit a fix or update to the framework on GitHub (over at useflashpunk/FlashPunk). Make sense?

(Granit Bajraktari) #7

Yes, it does and thanks for replying.