Flash Develop - Build Failed [SOLVED]

(I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want) #1

So, here’s the problem. Code is okay, checked it here and there, but every time I’m trying to run something it goes “build failed”. No “Line 123132131 this and that”, just Build failed. And that makes me mad, because in between work and sleep, I really want to try to create something.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: And I’m really sorry if that’s something stupid and easy, just need some help yo.

(John Andersson) #2

I had this problem too. Most often (in my case) the problem lied in either missing package names or simply .as files with a different name than the main function names (which often occured when I copied files and manually changed the name or something)

Something like

Hero.as in a folder called “player”

package player                                          //Either "player" isn't here
{
    imports

public class Hero extends Entity        **//Or "Hero" here is something else**
{
	public function Hero()                **//Or "Hero" here is something else**
	{
            }
    }
}

PS sorry for the formatting, I can’t seem to make it look right

(I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want) #3

No, it’s not that. The weird thing is, I was doing http://useflashpunk.net/intermediate/animated-sprites.html when it happened. I didn’t really change the function or the package, or anything.

EDIT: This is mad ape shid, I solved it myself. I removed the flashpunk lib, and added it again. Now it’s working. What the hell was wrong with that.

Thanks for the help tho, @John_Andersson1

(John Andersson) #4

Ah, then it is probably about the memory usage. I had a thread where billy​2000 said this:

If you are using flash develop im pretty sure is because u need to add more RAM to flexsdk. try enter here: C:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\flexsdk\bin search for jvm.config and then some line that looks like this:

java.args=-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false I posted my line of code …if u have enough ram u can add more . For me Xms1024 and Xmx1024 is enough. If u think u need more and have enough ram u can add more .

Usually the problems resolves itself when you restart, but this is a way better solution :smiley:

Btw, maybe don’t change the thread name to “Please delete this” since it can help other people if they read the problem and see the solution. Take care!

(I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want) #5

changed it back :smile:

(Ultima2876) #6

I second that last bit - definitely, absolutely keep the thread name as John said please! It’s a pet peeve of mine when people remove or otherwise make it more difficult to find info that might be useful to future users. :smile:

Thanks, and welcome to the community!

(Zachary Lewis) #7

I very rarely moderate topic names, but when I do, it’s usually for a good reason. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: