Endless runner template

(B6ka) #1

Hi, I decided to share a template for a simple endless runner template with the FP community (an old project I was working on). Runner.swf (62.6 KB)

It is nothing much just a guy running and jumping around with pseudo-randomly generated terrain. I extensively used parts of a code from an excellent tutorial by Thomas Gorence available at http://producerism.com and some other tutorials available from FP community.

I simplified many things and changed the game into a platformer. The pieces of the terrain that are randomly selected are saved in assets\endless_runner.dam (bak), which is a file for DAME map editor. DAME editor is pretty straightforward to use and nice tutorial is available on its website. It is easy to add new types of level pieces.

There appears to be one issue though, as you move the player, some part of the background flickers. I am not sure if it is an FP issue or just visual artifact. I hope somebody finds it useful. Here is the source code endless_runner.zip (206.3 KB)

P.S. I would also like to introduce FP guy (in the game). :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: