Early Prototype: Project T

(Malky) #1

This is sort of like a project I posted a while back, but I’ve got a new take on it. I’m still in the very early phase of development, but I think you can see some of the direction I’m going in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12788026/T.swf

Could use feedback!

(Bora Kasap) #2

hey man, your game has simple graphics, so that what you want… but i suggest you, if you wanna use simple graphics, i suggest you should choose “a color theme” and you should use same color themes for all entities with minimal changes in effects or colors’ tones… like a theme of “Tron 2.0”(black, blue, lightblue), or like Matrix (neon green, dark green and black), or like somthing rainbow so you should use all colors without exception… or mmm, maybe grayscale!, that makes perfect… when you make it grayscale, you can use a “TV parasite(empty channels)” effect for backgrounds somewhere…don’t take it so hard, you just need a small spritemap to make tileset… whatever… need something about graphics…

(Malky) #3

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m not doing anything with graphics yet, which is why they’re so simple right now. I’m not really sure what angle to go with them! Certainly a Tron-ish thing makes sense, but it’s tough to say. I’ve always thought of Pac-Man as a visual reference, and that’s Tron-like.

I may end up asking for help from an artist later on, since I don’t have much interest in that sort of thing.

(Bora Kasap) #4

yeah sure, then about other stuff…

*It looks like movement have a velocity… and a max speed… thats nice, so, i think you shouldn’t use “0” as starting speed, when a movement key pressed, it looks like “lagging”… that feels bad. you should use a start speed and then velocity…

it is really to early to say something “bad”.

and it looks like going to be joyful. let me know in next.

(rostok) #5

i really like the idea! and yes this placeholder graphics needs some changes.

(David Williams) #6

Looks like a very interesting game mechanic. I’m addicted already.

(Malky) #7

Ha hah, clearly I need to think about the graphics more!

I’ll have to sleep on that one for a bit.

(Nirvan) #8

Nice idea :wink: But to create bullets in front of a gun you can use code like:

add( new bullet( x + Math.cos( angle * Math.PI / 180) * length
                 y - Math.sin( angle * Math.PI / 180) * length ) );

length is distance from center of player to place where bullet should be created :wink: