Caved In 2 - Dig, dig, dig

(Alex Larioza) #1

Hey guys! I just finished up one of my own projects that I’d been working on and off over the past few months.

Dig your way through treacherous caverns while saving damsels in distress in this sequel to the original Caved In. The goal of the game is to descend as deep as you can while rescuing damsels and collecting treasures. As you dig, you weaken the integrity of the level. The lower the integrity, the more often cave ins occur!

Features:

• overhauled light system using TiledLighting and punk.fx by @azrafe7
  • randomly generated levels with 4 different themes
  • 4 unique monsters
  • end game medals

PLAY NOW!

(Bora Kasap) #2

I’ve played it before :smiley: and i love it, good job :slight_smile:

(Tobias Helsing) #3

Wow this game is great! and quite addicting :smile: looove it!

(azrafe7) #4

Congrats. Nice job! (and thanks for using punk.fx… feels great to see that used in something concrete).

Only thing that bothers me is that it’s hard to play it using the touchpad (with an actual mouse is great!)… so I think it would benefit from having some keys mapped to do the digging/placing.

PS: out of curiosity, what changed in the TileLighting system? And what you’re using for saving/submitting the scores?

(Alex Larioza) #5

Thanks for the compliments!

@azrafe7 I’ve actually been using punk.fx for quite awhile, in fact, I used it in my previous game Infested Space.

Only thing that bothers me is that it’s hard to play it using the touchpad (with an actual mouse is great!)… so I think it would benefit from having some keys mapped to do the digging/placing.

Doh, I hadn’t thought of that. I did just push out an update that added alternative keys to everything else. Heh, I’ll get to that later this week. Probably should update the tutorial images too.

out of curiosity, what changed in the TileLighting system?

Nothing changed in TileLighting, but the original Caved In wasn’t using the library. :smile:

And what you’re using for saving/submitting the scores?

I’m using Mochi for score, ads, and analytics.

(Ultima2876) #6

I love that you used the Wilhelm Scream here :grin: Nice game, for sure! It’s always awesome to see great new games made with FlashPunk.

(Scott Thiessen) #7

This is awesome. Well done.

(Alex Larioza) #8

Touchpad controls have been added!

(Ultima2876) #9

Send me a message if you’d like to publish this on mobile (or just niche platforms) with us. It’s a non-exclusive publishing contract so it’s pretty open and a great (and fast) way to make some decent money and get your game out to lots of people. http://www.kickbackgames.com - we’re aiming for 100 kickass FlashPunk games by April and yours would be a nice fit. :wink: