Candy Copter now on Android!

(FNX) #1

Hello Community!

We’ve just released our “new” game, Candy Copter on Google Play Store! It’s flashpunk based as usual so we’d be glad if you could try it and give some feedback :smiley:

After the massive exposure of Flappy Bird, we revived our original copter concept from 2008, it was our first flash game so we decided to give justice to the copter genre again by making a new version, let’s see if we could make 50.000$ (we don’t think so… but…) :stuck_out_tongue:

Google Game Services are in for leaderboards and achievements.

Have fun!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.it.rainbow.games.CandyCopter

(Bora Kasap) #2

it seems challenging, about graphics and interaction… i think paying for some ad banners is nice for a game like that… hope it’s not going to be trouble you used a “candy” keyword in the name… i’ve heard something about that as you know, probably you know better than me… so, and the last thing, colors are amazing! i want to eat this game!

(FNX) #3

Thanks for the feedback AlobarNon :smiley:

About the word candy, to be honest I don’t care because, firstly, I don’t have enough visibility (yet) to hurt king, secondly because there are something like 500 apps on google play starting with the word candy and finally because I made Candy Copter back in 2008 so I’m just refreshing my own brand… but who knows :wink: I hope to make the same money Flappy Bird did before they sue me :smiley:

(Bora Kasap) #4

Fine then. But, what about using a new keyword like “cake copter”, because your game looks like a delicious cake! And i’m sure it is! Because i feel, this game is going to be “visible” by your words… It’s really good.

(kodi) #5

Hi, just installed it and played it, its nice, well executed i must say, bit easier than flappy bird but still somewhat addicting and less rage inducing. some really small things : i couldnt find the game using “Candy Copter” in google play search bar, but i found it with “CandyCopter” without a space. at the gameover screen i was a little bit confused on what to do next until i found the replay button on the top of the screen… other than that nothing

best of success to you

oh, and, how did you port your flashpunk swf to the play store? did you recode it in eclipse, or unity? or convert it some way?

(Ultima2876) #6

I like the name ‘Candy Copter’ cause it has a nice ring to it. ‘Bouncy’ titles work well. However, I’m not a huge fan of the ‘flappy bird’ clone craze because I think it was actually a terrible game…

(FNX) #7

@Alobar​Non I used cakes just because they was perfect to be used as pillars, that was just part of the graphics that was ready for Candy Copter 2, flash version which I never had time to finish, in particular level 4 of 5. The game was called Candy Copter so I want it to stay the same for continuity, it sounds to me like if nintendo call Mario Racing because someone else is using Kart :smile:

@kodi Thanks for the feedback! Well it’s easier than flappy bird on purpose, fb was terrible, I think it was a bad executed copter concept. CC is easier to control but gets harder because pillars got nearer with time. On play store for me if I type Candy Copter with space it comes out 3rd, who knows… :smiley: I didn’t recode anything, I use Flash Builder and just publish a mobile application. The flashpunk stuff is the same for web or mobile, I just made a wrapper outside of it (mxml) that handles all the mobile stuff (ads, soft key, back button…)

@Ultima2876 Thanks Dave, I’m just trying to catching the wave, I want to see if a really stupid game can make thousands or it was just a legend :wink: anyway, next week I’ll get back to our stuff, now you know why I was delaying :stuck_out_tongue:

(Ultima2876) #8

It’s a good idea :wink: I’m hoping it’ll be a success (then maybe we can bring it to Amazon etc? ;D)

(Willard Torres) #9

Funny how this game could’ve been submitted for both Candy AND Flappy Jam. How about adding a cyberpunk aesthetic for the current one? Haha.

(FNX) #10

Where? Which Jam? :blush:

(Willard Torres) #11

The Cyberpunk Jam, hosted by itch.io. They previously hosted Candy Jam (to spite King) and Flappy Jam (as a homage to Flappy Bird)