An update on CodeAlchemy's Admob ANE

(Jacob Albano) #1

Hey everyone,

I’m sure some of you have seen the thread on integrating Admob ads into your Air mobile games with the help of some third-party addon libraries. It’s recently come to our attention that one of the libraries mentioned in the thread is a Trojan that diverts around 2/3 of revenue to an admob ID belonging to the developer, @CodeAlchemy. Another suggested library, by Github user lilili87222, is reportedly behaving in a similar way.

We’ve deleted the thread and alerted the users who had commented, but I wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to learn about this new development. If you’re using either one of these extensions in any of your projects, I strongly recommend updating them and removing it.

Thanks for your attention. More info can be found here.

(Jacob Albano) #2

(Nate ) #4

This is very irritating! And when news first surfaced about this POSSIBLY being an issue I was left with the option of using Code Alchemy’s anyway or purchasing Milkman’s… I must say I am very happy that I purchased Milkman’s!

The kicker too was, Code Alchemy seemed so friendly and helpful, he connected with me personally on Skype and helped me hook up his ANE… -.-

I hope everyone using his ANE gets rid of it ASAP!

Milkman Admob ANE FTW!