Adobe Scout - Flash Profiler

(Alex Larioza) #1

Hey FlashPunkers!

Just thought I’d share this tidbit - at work we’ve been scrounging around for a good Flash Profiler and finally found one! You can grab Adobe Scout here. We originally passed it up because we thought it required us to have a paid Creative Cloud account, but it turns out you don’t. Simply sign up for a CC account (which is free) and download Scout with the CC download manager.

(Ultima2876) #2

It’s so easy to assume that everybody knows about this stuff, but this is very very valuable information. Adobe Scout is an absolute MUST if you are developing anything in Flash. I highly recommend trying it - it’s a real triumph; incredibly easy to set up, incredibly useful, incredibly easy to use. Just overall incredible!

Everyone try it!

(Ultima2876) #3

After having said all that, is anyone else having an issue with Scout where it tells you it is expired and you have to update, then why you have updated it just says the same thing (even though in Creative Cloud it says it’s up to date)?

(Alex Larioza) #4

Hrm, I was actually worried about this, but didnt think it would actually be an issue since I couldn’t find a “Time Remaining” on the software anywhere. How long have you had Scout installed?

(Ultima2876) #5

I installed it fresh yesterday (new computer). It’s apparently a widespread issue: http://forums.adobe.com/community/game_developers/adobe_scout

The fix? … set your date back… >_>;;

(Alex Larioza) #6

Just ran Scout today…I have the same issue. Definitely a bug. An adobe rep replied to a post and said they’d release a fix “very soon”.

(Ultima2876) #7

Yay Adobe! cheers

Well, at least it’ll be fixed “very soon”. In the meantime, we can change our date then change it back after the program is opened… (which is surely a big flaw in the whole ‘license and expiry’ thing anyway o_O)

(Ultima2876) #8

It’s been fixed now if you reinstall from Creative Cloud. :slight_smile: