"Welcome Home" Game Jam!

(Alex Larioza) #1

Continuing the discussion from Game Jam to Get the Community Back?:

To celebrate the new forums and bring the community back together we’re having a game jam! Please pass the link to this thread around as everyone is welcomed to join. There are just have a few rules:

• Your game must relate to the theme “Welcome Home”.
  • The game must be made between Friday May 31st and Sunday June 2nd.
  • Any tools and libs are welcome, but you must use FlashPunk.
  • When you are ready to submit your game, click the Reply as New Topic button next to this post and use the creations category.
  • and most importantly…HAVE FUN!

(Jayden Beveridge) #2

Perfect timing for me and a few ideas are starting to pop into my head! I’ll be streaming my progress over the weekend at twitch.tv/atomicmonkeypro so jump in and watch my terrible ActionScript3 skills at play :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll probably also do a bi-hourly update to show my progress over the weekend here on a new topic and over at my Dev-Blog: pathwaygame.tumblr.com Can’t wait to see who else might be participating!

(Alex Larioza) #3

Out of curiosity, who participating in the jam? :smiley:

(Jayden Beveridge) #4

Hopefully if you are, it’s not just you and I xD

(Alex Larioza) #5

Yeah, I’m trying to think of something simple to do as I actually didn’t have as much time as I thought I did this weekend. :C

(Jacob Albano) #6

I’m participating! @chjolo and I are working together. Here’s an early screenshot of some cave generation with procedural waterfalls.

(reopucino) #7

I’m join too… I will create as simple I can do.

(Jacob Albano) #8

We’re done! It took a little longer than we had hoped (around 72 hours instead of 48), but @chjolo and I are done with our entry:

Bit cave!

Procedurally generated cave exploration adventure. Search for missing mementos and bring them back home. Avoid exposure and water or risk freezing to death. Rest near campfires to warm up.

Big thanks to @SHiLLySiT for his awesome TileLighting class. :heart:

https://bitbucket.org/jacobalbano/fpjam/downloads/BitCave.zip

(Alex Larioza) #9

Finally got a chance to place this…very cool! I was working on my own game but I couldn’t find the time to finish. :frowning: I might finish it here in the coming weekends, but we’ll see how it goes.