Pkmn - A Pokemon-style engine

(Ssnyder Coder) #21

Yep :laughing:

I’ve made some changes!

- There are now item balls scattered about each map!  The player now starts with nothing.
- There are now scripted NPCs!  They have 2 scripts that control their idle behavior and what happens when you interact with them.  They can be scripted to do combinations of several actions like walking around, looking a certain direction, saying something, waiting, emulating a behavior, or giving an item.
- There are now user-created game variables which can be set and checked using the scripted NPCs.  This can be used to make sure a NPC only gives an item once or responds differently depending on the player's previous actions.  For example, after you manage to get the bike, try talking to that snarky bike riding NPC.
- Some new scripted NPCs have been added to several maps.

I probably won’t be updating this nearly as frequently since I have a lot of real life responsibilities right now. It will probably be weeks before I can finish another update to this. If anyone else wants to take over developing this project from where I left off, free free to do so.

pkmn_0_07.swf (168.9 KB)