OpenFL & FlashPunk

I’ve never used OpenFL or FlashPunk. I’m on mac, so I can’t use FlashDevelop, and I was wondering if it would work to use OpenFL instead?

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #3

I’m not sure about it. FlashPunk was made to be used with Flex but i guess it can be possible (never worked on OpenFL).

BTW, as far as I know FlashDevelop is prepared to work with CrossOver and there is a graphical helper for mac/linux.

Is there any FlashDevelop Alternatives that may work? CrossOver costs money, and I cant really afford it.

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #5

I’m not a mac user and all I know is because of a friend. I think OpenFL can work but i never used it so you can make the test. Simply download the FlashPunk code and make the a hello world project.

PS: I didn’t know CrossOver cost money. Sorry for that.

(Mutlu) #6

How about using Flash Builder? or did i missed the point?

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #7

Yeah probably working as well.

(Jean) #8

OpenFL is a lib/engine as FlashPunk is, I don’t get the point :confused:

If the problem is that there’s no FlashDevelop to Mac, well I think aswell Flash Builder is the way to go, at least, @zachwlewis used that on his tutorial videos years ago.

(Mike Evmm) #9

Flashdevelop is currently working to get on mac through wine. Check their website.

Openfl, on the other hand, is a Haxe lib that gives you access to the flash API whilr still using Haxe and cross compiling, so it had nothing to do with flash or flashpunk

(Zachary Lewis) #10

Atom and the command line work just fine, plus it’ll teach you so much about how the compiler works. It’s got a steep learning curve, though. You could also check out FDT or some of the IntelliJ tools.

Ok, I didn’t know about Flash Builder :relaxed: