Mochimedia Integration - How can i do it?

(Aesir Games) #14

I don’t think so, cuz the local one open on the same browser…

(Bora Kasap) #15

then it may about the “patch” of liveupload’s… it makes a patch to your swf file for some functionality & source code encyription… that may cause you can play standalone version in browser but not liveupdate version?

try to download your liveupdated version then try again in flashplayer?

(Aesir Games) #16

I dont know what’s it… but here http://gameheronz.web44.net/

its normal for me…xD

(Ultima2876) #17

It doesn’t start for me either. The bar fills then it just sits on a white screen - Google Chrome on Windows 8.

(Aesir Games) #18

in here http://gameheronz.web44.net/ it works?

(Ultima2876) #19

That one works for me :slight_smile:

(Bora Kasap) #20

both works with me in google chrome & iexplorer both, win7

(Aesir Games) #21

Still making work on there, since i made to android devices when it comes to computer it auto-resizes things in the wrong way xD

I’ll try to make an Ad on the menu, maybe it’ll work… i want to make those ads that you need to click out of it to close it.

You know how i can do it AlobarNon ?

(Bora Kasap) #22

you need CPA Ads(Showcase & Dock) to do that, but it’s some complicated for me, also in beta test. But it works… But i don’t know how to use it… http://mochiland.com/articles/boost-your-revenue-with-mochi-ads-cpa

Also i’m sure you can implement InterLevel ads for what you want but i’m not sure they’ll pay tou unless user click “continue game” button.

Also you need to implement “stop()” and “play()” functions inside their source code for pausing game while ad showing, you need to implement them with “FP.engine.paused = true;” and “FP.engine.paused = false;”

(Aesir Games) #23

I’ll read about it.

I’ve a problem when i’m trying to run MochiServices.connect

it gives me this error:

MochiServices Connecting…

/*** Security Sandbox Violation ***

SecurityDomain ‘http://www.mochiads.com/static/lib/services/MochiLC.swf’ tried to access incompatible context ‘app:/BehindEnemyTanks.swf’ [Fault] exception, information=SecurityError: Error #2047: Security sandbox violation: parent: http://www.mochiads.com/static/lib/services/MochiLC.swf cannot access app:/BehindEnemyTanks.swf.

MochiServices could not load. (timeout)

(Bora Kasap) #24

I don’t know what’s that. I was read something about "developers ‘may’ need to set some Security.allowDomain function inside code. But i wasn’t needed that, it worked for me…

(Aesir Games) #25

I think it’s because i’m using AIR and not Flash 10/11…Cuz it’s for android and IOS at first thought…

Oh well…i’ll need to find another ad plataform >_<

(Aesir Games) #26

Ok, i decided to make an “PC” version of my game and put Mochimedia on it, but i can’t figure out how to display the ads!

It connects to the server, but it keeps throwing errors abou security and don’t display the Ad that I tried…

Am I doing something wrong on the call of the add?

MochiAd.loadShowcase({
clip:clip,
id:game_id,
position:“0x0”, // This represents an X, Y offset from the center.
ad_count:5, // The number of ads to display in the showcase.
ad_size:90, // Force dimensions for all Ads displayed.
user_close:true, // Allow the use to close the Showcase ad.
ad_loaded: function(w:int, h:int):void { }, // A callback that occurs when ad is first displayed.
ad_closed: function():void {} // A callback that occurs when user closes Showcase.
});

It’s identical of the tutorial! I created the clip before and everything.

I’m lost…Help?

(Aesir Games) #27

OMG Finally!

I got it to work finally, i think i was calling the ads functions on the wrong time, so the services weren’t connected yet, so i made an “IF” condition on UPDATE function to make sure that it was connected, once it was connected it adds the AD, for further support here is the code:

override public function update():void {
		if (MochiServices.connected == true && ad_show == false) {
			//MochiAd.loadShowcase( { clip:root,
				//id:_mochiads_game_id,
				//position:"0x0",                             // This represents an X, Y offset from the center.
				//ad_count:5,                                 // The number of ads to display in the showcase.
				//ad_size:90,                                 // Force dimensions for all Ads displayed.
				//user_close:true,                            // Allow the use to close the Showcase ad.
				//ad_loaded: function(w:int, h:int):void { }, // A callback that occurs when ad is first displayed.
				//ad_closed: function():void { }  
				//} );
			MochiAd.loadDock({
				clip:root,
				id:_mochiads_game_id,
				position:"bottom_center",                   // See below for explanation.
				ad_count:5,                                 // The number of ads to display in the showcase.
				ad_size:50,                                 // Force dimensions for all Ads displayed.
				ad_loaded: function(w:int, h:int):void { }, // A callback that occurs when ad is first displayed.
				ad_opened: function():void {},              // A callback that occurs when the user opens the Dock by mousing over the tab.
				ad_closed: function():void {}               // A callback that occurs when the Dock auto-hides.
			});
			ad_show = true;
		}

super.update();
	}

Thank you for the help!

---- EDIT —

Saddly it won’t work on Android, incompatible with Adobe AIR :confused:

(Bora Kasap) #28

Cool :slight_smile: glad you done it :slight_smile:

(Bora Kasap) #29

the games i’m playing on android always showing me some googleAds, so, maybe you can check it out.

(Aesir Games) #30

I was trying the Admob thing, but i got kinda sad with the work that i need to put in to make the Mochimedia work, and it seems pretty easy xD

For now, i think i’ll try to make the “PC Version” good enough and get thoses ads going, and on Android go with no Ads for while…maybe i’ll put on IOS a 0,99 version…just cuz $100,00 on the developer account is too much for me…

BTW What did you think about the game? Sure the version that i put there is really messy but the basic is there…hahaha

(Bora Kasap) #31

honestly, i can’t say anything good about the game

(Aesir Games) #32

Say the bad things so! It’s my first game, so i need some critic… Anyway the game is not in English on that version, maybe that’s a problem for you! hahaha

(Bora Kasap) #33

sure, the biggest problem is, graphics… if you’re using “simple graphics”, then you should match graphical environment, i mean, your strokes & your textures should look like really belong to each other. And if you’re using pixel fonts, it’s better you use smaller graphics, i mean, i wanna see the pixels of the graphics, or i don’t wanna see a pixelfont. also textures are really much detailed for game’s graphical simplicity. and need some shadow effects on player tank and sandpockets graphics

gameplay suggestions. (my ideas)

• don’t make your tank lock to the mouseY, make it follow mouseY with a velocity relative to distance between mouseY and tankY, how far is mouse, faster follow…
  • edit sound effects a little, example, use 3 different tones of a “hit” sound and play random one for each hit event
  • it seems enemy tanks never turning and firing to me from top & bottom of the screen, they doesn’t stop & hit from everywhere… why not?
  • hide system cursor while in game, and add another sprite or a dot etc. instead of system cursor…