I'm not sure if I've configured FlashDevelop properly

(Eoghain McGrath) #1

I followed the tutorial here, Setting up Flashdevelop , but instead of downloading the SDK and the Debug Player from their respective sites, I opted for using AppMan. It seemed to configure both the SDK and debug player for me, as the settings for each show they are pointed towards both of the folders for each. Anyway, I ran Hello World, it worked by showing me the output, but the window that popped up showed me nothing. Any ideas? I’m a little confused. Cheers in advance. :smile:

(Jacob Albano) #2

What do you expect to see? Have you added anything to the stage?

(Eoghain McGrath) #3

I expect to see adobe flash player display the words, “Hello world”? It’s blank though.

(Jacob Albano) #4

Nope, that’s not quite how it works. using the trace function prints text to the output console, nothing more. It sounds to me that you’re set up correctly, it’s just displaying an empty window because there’s nothing to display.

(Eoghain McGrath) #5

Could you link me to some sample code that would display something? Just so I know it’s working. :slight_smile:

(Jacob Albano) #6
addChild(new flash.display.Bitmap(new flash.display.BitmapData(100, 100, false, 0xff0000)));

(Eoghain McGrath) #7

Thanks a lot Jacob. :blush:

(Vinícius De Almeida) #8

On mine, it makes the red square but does not show “Hello World” at the output… any idea? :confused:

(Martí Angelats i Ribera) #9

Please, start a new Topic explaining everything from the start. It’s not really clear what’s happening to you. :wink:

(Mike Evmm) #10

Are you compiling in debug mode?